Saturday, February 13, 2016

Ponderings Along the Pathway...DESIRE

Welcome to this month's edition of Ponderings Along the Pathway, an exclusive feature over here on the Path of Positivity.  The purpose of this column is to continue with the goal of this blog which is to create a space "designed to inspire, nurture and provide support for the soul by creating a positive path to follow, one project or post at a time".  Providing some motivational introspection on the themes we cover each challenge period, is one way of achieving this goal.

This month it is all about DESIRE and PAT is here to share her thoughts on the subject...


Google defines Desire as “a strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen.” My heart’s desire is to have balance in my life.

“… balance is the aim of all living creatures: it is our home." ~Rolf Gates
We are all pulled in so many directions that it is hard to keep to the path of our desires and goals. We want a rewarding and successful career, but relationships and family are important to us. We want help but want to be self-sufficient. We want to go out with friends but need “me” time. I don’t know about you, but I feel as if I were made of elastic and the strength of it is being tested every minute of the day.

 “When your heart speaks, take good notes.” ~Judith Campbell
The first step in living in balance is to identify your desires. My desires have changed throughout the years, but I have always wanted to be a writer, to have a family and to do what I love and love what I do. In order to fulfill these desires, I have had to be stubborn about my goals but flexible about the paths I walk to get what I want, and with whom I take this journey of the heart. Just like your checkbook, walk with people who deposit as much as they withdraw from you to keep you balanced.

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart. ~Ziad K. Abdelnour
On the path of personal desire, there are many choices to make. If you try to control everything in your life, you can’t enjoy the journey. Make wise choices, enjoy the success, and learn from failure.  As long as you do this, you are moving forward.

“There are only two options: Make progress or make excuses.” ~Pernina Rybak
Finally, know that balance is not found but created. Balance comes from the moments you stand up for the life you truly want. There will be stress, obstacles, craziness – you’ve got to take the good with the bad and know that balance is within you to keep pace with your desires. The view at the end of your path is breathtakingly beautiful, and worth all your efforts.

 
A desire for balance is definitely something I can relate to and you probably can as well!  Maybe this year we can all work harder to achieve it.  Please be sure to pop over to Pat's personal blog, Patacake Pages, for more inspiration.

Well folks, that is it for today but please be sure to join us on Monday for the midway.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

No comments: