Sunday, August 03, 2014

Design Team Delights for Challenge #15

It is time for my Design Team to share their favourite entries for Challenge #15.  As always, in each challenge you, the readers, get to voice your opinion by voting for your favourite and so it is only fitting that my Design Team get to do so as well.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to join along our Path during the month of June for Challenge #15.  While it is always a difficult decision, each team member managed to find a particular entry that really caught their attention.  Take a look... 
Kate a.k.a. K8--chosen by Vicky...
Vicky had this to say:
"I chose #10.  I just love how Kate states that happiness comes from her grandkids.  It's often the smallest details that bring the most happiness and what she describes here is pretty exactly this!":
"Happiness for me is to borrow my grandchildren even if the whole body aches and hurts, you take it for the joy matters more. This is my smallest granddaughter Zmilla!  She puts her head to the side and gives me the most delicious smile and say I love you grandma!!!  Then happiness is indescribable..."
To see the details of Kate's creations and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Cheryl Ann--chosen by Monica...
Here is what Monica had to say:
"For my DT Delight I chose #16: Cheryl Ann.  The theme is Happiness and when I saw this card it made me smile. I love the little bug and the bright colors. It is a card that will make anyone happy!" 

To see the details of Cheryl Ann's creations and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Gloria--chosen by Desíre...
Here is what Desíre had to say:
"My DT Delight is #35: Gloria.  Not only is her card gorgeously cheerful but the wording inside her card is very true i.e.: You can never have too much happy."

To see the details of Gloria's creations and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Donna--chosen by Suze and Sandy...
Suze had this to say:
"My choice is #28: Donna, as this sentence really touched me":
"Sometimes we have to make difficult choices in our lives in order for Happiness to overcome Unhappiness."
Sandy said this:
"I enjoyed so much of this card… the layered embossing, the step card, all her thoughts of happiness… it hit the mark with me big time!"

To see the details of Donna's creations and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Viv--chosen by Pat...
This is what Pat had to say:
"My DT Delight choice is #3: Viv, whose card is an eye-pleasing blend of pretty papers and pastels, lacy trim and lacy doily, and great sentiment and image. She wrote":
"Happiness is a nice cuppa and a cupcake."
 To see the details of Viv's creations and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Edwina--chosen by Lynda...
 Lynda had this to say:
"My DT Delight choice is #8: Edwina. Her coloring and design of the card keep the focus on the sentiment which is wonderful.  Her writeup about her card touched me":
"Today I made a card that means happiness to me. Happiness is found when you are content. Contentment comes from loving someone, keeping busy, and have hope in your life. If you lose love and hope you cannot be happy.   Disabled people have managed to find happiness even though they cannot do things. They use their minds and are mentally active. Yet they still have hope and some even find true love after becoming disabled. Such a thing happened for my husband and myself. We only had 4 1/2 years together, but they were happy years. I took care of him 24/7 by myself. It was a labor of love. I still miss him. My happiness was full, in him."
 To see the details of Edwina's creations and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Julie O--chosen by Lisa (that's me)...
Yes it is a birthday card and some of you may be wondering what it has to do with happiness.  While, as I have indicated before, it is all about how you tie your card into the theme.  If Julie hadn't come over and left a comment (or had the statement somewhere in her blogpost), her card would have been disqualified.  However, Julie succinctly wrapped up how this particular card ties into happiness by stating: 
"It's a birthday card for my BFF. So, just the thought of creating it brings happiness. I love coloring flowers more than anything, and I used a beautiful flower image on this card. I love shaped cards, I love crinkle ribbon, and I LOVE stickpins (especially when made for me by a special friend). All those components go into this card, and just looking at it brings me happiness. When I mail it across the state to where my BFF now lives, I hope the happiness travels with it."
It isn't always about the card itself but can also be about the feelings that a person gets by creating the card.  Julie filled this card full of love and happiness by using all the things that make her happy and hoping it will spread to the recipient.  That is a lot of happiness for one small birthday card and perfectly connects to our theme.
To see the details of Julie's card, click HERE.

 Creative Congratulations to all of you!

Thank you to everyone who played on our Pathway during the month of June.  As always we greatly appreciate you sharing your incredible talents with us.  Now if you were chosen as a DT Delight, you are eligible for a special DT Delight badge.  Technically, the creations chosen as DT Delights were not supposed to start falling into our new rules, earning them an image if chosen, until challenge #16.  However, I don't think that is fair since the people in #14 were included in the draw and that would leave those in #15, just high and dry so I am going to change it and start with this challenge.

SO, that means that...
Kate, Cheryl Ann, Gloria, Donna, Viv, Edwina and Julie O.
 are all entitled to one image of your choice from our on-going sponsor...

Please head to the Creative Bug Digital SnapShots store:  http://creativebugdigis.com.  Scroll down a little bit and you'll see a brown banner on the left hand side that says, "looking for digis".  There will be a Polaroid image right underneath it that says SnapShots (Digital Images).  Click on this.  You'll be taken to a page that lists all the categories of images available for you to choose from.  Once you've made your decision, please send me the name of the one image you want and let me know which section it came from.  Additionally, you are entitled to the special Challenge #15 DT Delight Badge. To claim both your digi and the badge, send your requests to popwinners {at} gmail {dot} com (be sure to replace at and dot with the appropriate symbols) or by clicking HERE to bring the address up in your email program, with the subject, "PoP#15--DT Delight Badge and Digi Request".   I'm always running a bit behind these days, so your patience is appreciated.

Our special yearly prize package will also still be taking place.  Remember, if you are chosen as a DT Delight during any of our challenges, your name will be entered into a draw for some digital goodies.  You get one entry per choice; so, if two members picked your card, you will earn 2 entries, three members 3 entries, etc.  The winner at the time will be notified by email.   The next draw will occur sometime in the summer of 2015.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope to see you again tomorrow as we will be back with the start of Challenge #17.  We hope that you will join us then to learn what the newest theme will be.


3 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Congratulations to all of the DT Delights. Thanks so much Desire for choosing one of my cards. I gave this one to one of my granddaughters. I love this card shape; and it was fun to work with. Have a great week! Hugs. Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

D- said...

CONGRATS EVERYONE.
I was blessed to be the Guest DT for challenge #15 and visited each and every entry. Thanks for sharing everyone.
My GDT choice is Edwina's entry. Her memories and appreciation of the short time she was blessed with her dear sweet husband touched my heart.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Cheryl First said...

Thank you, Monica, for choosing me as your pick! What a wonderful feeling to be recognized! It made me happy and put a smile on my face! :)