Monday, June 24, 2013

Challenge #3--Last Week to Submit Entries

Hi all!  It is the final week for submitting an entry into challenge #3 over here on the Path of Positivity.

My path over the past two weeks has had an inconvenient turn with a few obstacles thrown in the way but I am finally starting to get back on track.  It will just take a bit more time.  For those of you who don't follow my personal blog, I had a corrupt file in my main hard drive which caused the downfall of my entire system.  I lost three days on my computer so it could be wiped and rebuilt.  However, while extremely inconvenient it is just that--an inconvenience.  Things could have been so much worse.  Now it is just a matter of finding time to get everything back on track.

Unfortunately, this means that I didn't get a chance to choose a winner yet from challenge #2 nor create a project using a digi from our wonderful Creative Bug Designs sponsor.  I know she will forgive me as her own life is fraught with twists and turns.  It is all about having the strength to pick up and move on when we are confronted with obstacles in our way.  This could be another reason I chose 'strength' as this month's challenge theme.  Maybe my subconscious knew the challenges I would face this month and wanted me to keep drawing on the concept of strength to help me get through.  One never knows...

Anyways, while I didn't have the opportunity to create anything new to inspire you, my dear friend Ike, who will be coming on the DT in the fall and who is also one of the challenge's amazing sponsors, did have a little extra time on her hands and created this lovely project...
 Oh my goodness.  How true is this statement?!  Life certainly does present us with a number of challenges.  Unfortunately, some people must endure more than their fair share for some reason.  However, if we don't let life just take control and barrel right over us, we have the opportunity to grow, become stronger and more resilient, by meeting the challenges we face head on.

You can find out the details of Ike's inspirational piece by visiting her over on her blog, Ike's World.

Now this week, while visiting with one of our lovely entrants, Donna from Creative Smiles, I was inspired to create my regular 'Motivational Monday' post that I put out on my personal blog.  My post today also deals with the concept of strength and I have created a brand new sentiment for the following quote:
 “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution”  ~Kahlil Gibran
 If you would like to read this post and/or are interested in downloading this sentiment, please visit me by clicking HERE.

I am happy that the number of entries we have for challenge #3 have picked up a bit.  You still have until Sunday at 11:59 pm to participate so I hope that I will see a few more of your lovely creations showing what strength means to you.  Just a reminder though, when you do enter, please leave a comment letting me know how your project relates to the concept of strength if it isn't readily clear within the design itself or somewhere else in your post.  This past week there have been five entries where I have had to seek clarification.  Remember, the project must be positive/inspirational/motivational AND adhere to the theme of strength in order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes.  While you may easily see how strength relates to your creation, it may not be as apparent to me or the other DT members (who you will be meeting very soon).  That is why we ask that you leave us a comment.  This way it clears up any ambiguity that may exist.

I am hoping to get the winners post for challenge #2 completed later this week.  Thank you for your understanding and continued support.  I told you all there would be growing pains and this past couple weeks has definitely reflected that.

Have a wonderful week everyone.  Whether the task is easy or the challenge difficult, may you continue to draw on the strength you need to get through each and every one of them.





2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning design by Ike The design itself is strong.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Stef H said...

as if life isn't bad enough, you get complications from the computer!!!!! sure makes life interesting huh? but yes, we all pull thru - with the help of the LORD. keep smiling, hang in there. all really is well.

hugs :)